How to cope with Blepharospasm
It can become extremely overwhelming when you start to experience symptoms of Blepharospasm. There are a few things to keep in mind that can help you cope:
- Remember to take things one day at a time.
- Keep a positive attitude and be nice to yourself.
- Everyone is different – do not get discouraged if something doesn’t work for you. Keep trying until you find what does.
- Make sure to get good rest and don’t over exhaust yourself.
- Know what your limitations are.
- Manage your stress because it can make symptoms worse.
- Help friends and family understand what you are going through.
- Seek out support from others like you.
- Make your environment aid you, not hinder you.
- Find your new “normal”.
- Advocate for yourself to your doctor.